1 cup half whole wheat/half white flour
You can not come to Paris without eating or attempting to make one of France's national dishes. My attempt at the beloved "crêpe" didn't come out too bad. I have proudly created my own recipie for these magical little meals or treats (whichever you prefer).
1/2 cup of water
1 cup of milk
pinch of salt
1. The dry and wet ingredients separately.
2. Carefully add the wet to the dry, making sure no clumps form.
3. Heat your skillet, make sure non-stick surface!
4. Pour a thin layer of batter onto skillet.
5. Pour rest of batter that doesn't stick to skillet, back into pan.
6. Cook each side until golden brown.
7. Add yummy crêpe fillings
8. Fold crêpe over.
9. Let your senses take over!
** If you are adding fruit or veggies, best to heat them in a separate skillet before placing them into crêpe to ensure full satisfaction.
Crêpe Concotions we have attempted...
- Apple, Cheese, Cinnamon
- Banana, Cheese, Cinnamon
- Veggies and Cheese
- Cheese and poached egg
- Peanut butter and banana
- Sugar and lemon
- Anything you can think of!
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I've been compared to the vendors on the streets of Paris. Friends and family at home, get ready to be impressed by my skills.